Decor Ideas For Your Home Inspired By Bollywood
Decor Ideas for your home inspired by Bollywood
We all love Bollywood and often try to live that ‘filmy’ life. Although to live a filmy life, you need a huge budget but if you want to decorate your home in Bollywood style then that can be done even with a smaller budget. When it comes to home décor, it often reflects the personality of the person living in the house. With some creative and out of the box ideas you can have a Bollywood styled décor in a limited budget.
Here’s how –
- First, we need to understand that Bollywood can be your home décor theme but there are a lot of options under that as well. Specify your theme by deciding if you want it to be around a specific movie, a movie star or just Bollywood in general as it will help you have uniformity in design.
- Bollywood decor not necessarily need to be fun, it can be elegant like Shahrukh Khan described in “Om Shanti Om”. For example, a designer king sized bed or a large piece of art on an empty wall. Vintage artefacts or metal candle stand can also add that luxury feel to your home.
- You can set a theme of your home décor based on your favourite star or movie. Have graffiti of movie posters or dialogues to make your walls look visually appealing.
- In an attempt to create your dream Bollywood décor, make sure you don’t plan something impossible to execute. Your décor idea should complement the dimensions of your house. For example, you can’t have a huge chandelier in a room with less ceiling height.
- Try to keep the furniture as interesting as possible. If your theme is classy or elegant go ahead with luxury sofa sets from Karan Johar movie and if quirky is your choice, you can go for antique furniture that matches your theme.
- Use a fabric that matches the overall theme. Curtains and other pieces of fabric can make a huge difference on overall feel of the theme. You can either match the fabric or if you’re bold and crazy like Geet from “Jab We Met” choose something contrasting that goes well with the theme.
- Add posters and props to personalize your room based on your Bollywood taste. Use the empty spaces to place props that can be used as a table or a holder or something as simple as a pen stand.
- You can use printed cushion covers and bedsheets to display your love for Bollywood. Printed covers and bedsheets are easily available these days. However, if your unique taste can’t be found elsewhere you can always opt for customized prints and make your dreams come true.
- Don’t shy away from displaying your love for Bollywood to the public. If you are a hardcore film enthusiast and have a collection of cd’s, feel free to flaunt it. You can create a DVD library in your living room. Arrange it in a manner that it signify something. For example, create categories based on date or actors etc.