How to set up a COVID vaccination drive in your apartment?
A few big housing societies have organized their own vaccination programs since the Union Government authorized apartment buildings and workplaces as private COVID-19 vaccination facilities.
These decentralized vaccination at apartments and gated communities are significant in improving vaccine access, effectively vaccinating large groups of people, reducing the pressure on hospitals, and minimising the chances of congestion and disease transmission. During the second wave, a considerable number of cases occurred in apartments, which are densely populated areas. Vaccinating people in the field is a good strategy to lower the danger of transmission within the community for this reason. Here’s how your apartment society can arrange a Covid Vaccination drive:
#1. Connecting with GHMC and local hospitals
– Send a letter to your GHMC Zone’s Joint Commissioner seeking a partnership with a suitable hospital or make contact with your Zone/Ward GHMC doctors and health officials.
– Your Ward/Zone authorities will assist you in locating a facility that will provide the services on the housing premises.
– Alternatively, call the local hospital in the area and ask about COVID vaccination services.
– To expedite the procedure, organize a site visit and assessment by GHMC doctors/officials/hospital.
– Get a suitable date and location approved for the vaccination at home Covid drive.
#2. Arrangements to be made at the apartment
– Look for a decent ground-floor position with enough room for ambulances to be parked.
– During the registration process, have the residents sit, then administer the vaccines and allow 30 minutes for monitoring.
– Ask them to be ready with the phone number they used to register at the CoWIN App and their Aadhar Number.
– Organize a small team of volunteers to assist in the planning and coordination of operations with the hospital.
– If the hospital is unable to mobilize doctors, it is preferable to have in-house doctors present during vaccination.
– Volunteers will collect the names of residents and their year of birth in order to provide a headcount to the hospital so that vaccines can be ordered.
– Residents who are keen can self-register on the CoWIN website and keep the volunteers aware.
#3. Setting up suitable infrastructure
The absence of storage facilities and medical personnel available to address any complications were two of the reasons given for not permitting vaccination drives beyond the healthcare setting. These obstacles have been overcome by providing facilities such as:
– Clubhouse – spaces with good ventilation or air conditioning are suggested for vaccination effectiveness during the shot.
– Booths for registration and verification are set up outdoors to keep the crowds at bay.
– Appointments are divided, with the seniors being given priority in the morning.
With all of these tips and suggestions, one can perfectly arrange a safe and comfortable vaccination drive in their apartment complex. Lately, a lot of residential projects in Hyderabad are opting to get their residents vaccinated on the property premises.
- COVID Vaccination
- Residential Projects in Hyderabad
- Vaccination at Apartments
- Vaccination at Home Covid